What is the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)?
The NDIS is a new way of providing individualised support for people with a disability that takes a lifetime to approach. The NDIS is about giving you more choice in how you live your life by allowing you to control the way your support funding is spent.
How does the NDIS work?
If you are eligible for the NDIS, you will receive funding on an annual basis to purchase the supports, services, aids and equipment that are approved in your Individual Support Plan.
What are the NDIS key principles?
- Funds reasonable and necessary supports
- Fosters informal supports, community supports, and mainstream supports
- Provides more choice and control
- Focuses on early intervention
- Takes a lifetime approach