Work with a team that’s dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of people with disability. At Community Living Australia, our staff are so important in ensuring we provide quality, life changing services to people living with disability.
If you are passionate and want to make a real difference in the lives of people with disability, apply now!
Developmental Educator / Senior Practitioner
We are looking for a suitably qualified Developmental Educator/ Senior Practitioner to join our innovative Practice & Quality team to service all regions within the organisation.
Full-Time or Part-Time Position Negotiable
Level 5 or 6 (dependent on experience) – Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010
Location: Mount Barker
The Developmental Educator / Senior Practitioner will provide specialised support services and consultancy to adults and children with a disability and their families. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for someone with a passion and commitment to make a difference in a supportive environment that values team work and collaboration.
It is imperative that you have experience in working with people with disability.
This is a fantastic and rare opportunity to join a dynamic growing organisation with strong values. This is a role where the successful applicant will have strong input into the future direction of therapeutic services provided by an organisation recognised as a leader in its field.
We are focused on being an employer of choice for people who are passionate about supporting clients to live life to the full and making a difference in the lives of others. You will be part of a team who are supported to achieve great outcomes for these clients. We are looking for people who have values as strong as ours.
A Degree in Developmental Education, Occupational Therapy, Social Work or Psychology in combination with experience of working with people with a disability in a support worker role, as a clinician or in a leadership capacity. You will need to have a "can do" approach to shape this position. You will need a current Driver's Licence, Child Safe Environments Certificate and a DCSI Child Related Employment Screen successfully completed prior to commencement of work.
All applicants must provide a completed Application for Employment Form by clicking the "Apply Now" button and attach a current CV including the name and contact details of three referees.For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Helen Brennan (Manager Practice & Quality): 0429 173 940
14 January 2019
Support Workers - All Regions
We are looking for enthusiastic and innovative Support Workers to join our teams across all our serviced regions. The role will provide person centred active support to clients, maintain their wellbeing, explore opportunities and support their individual aims and goals.
Reporting to the Team Leader, your duties will include but won't be limited to:
- Daily tasks, activities and schedule to ensure a safe comfortable living environment, maintaining appropriate physical and emotional support to clients at all times
- Provide support and services to clients with the Person Centered Active Support model
- Encourage individuals living with a disability to be engaged in their own lives
- Assist clients with their personal health care and mobility needs
- Administer medication and undertake other health care interventions
- Assist in promoting a positive image of clients within the community
- Be an effective role model for clients and carry out all tasks and functions in accordance with relevant Standards, Codes, Policies and Procedures
- Work collaboratively with peers and colleagues to achieve client and organisational objectives
The successful candidate is required to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Certificate III in Disability (Individual Support) or equivalent
- Obtain and maintain DCSI (Child Related) clearance
- Obtain and maintain Senior First Aid and CPR certificate
- Obtain and maintain Child Safe Environments certificate (where applicable)
- Working effectively as part of a team, you will have the ability to follow instructions but also work productively with limited supervision. You will have a willingness to assist clients with their personal care needs and encourage clients to participate in program and community based programs.
Having a Class 1 Drivers License is preferred.
All applicants must address the principal duties and demonstrate qualifications and experience as detailed in the position description. Please also include the name and contact details of three current referees.
For a confidential discussion regarding Support Worker positions, please contact the following:
South East (Mount Gambier) - Sue Stuart (Regional Manager) - 08 8536 5888
Fleurieu, Southern Metro, South Coast and Kangaroo Island - Paula Roberts (Regional Manager) - 08 8536 5888
Adelaide Hills and Strathalbyn - Sue Stuart (Regional Manager) - 08 8536 5888
Riverland - Belinda Thompson (Regional Coordinator) - 0418 830 739
Murraylands - Molly Baulch (Regional Manager) - 08 8536 5888
21 December 2018
Team Leaders - Fleurieu / Southern Metro
Permanent Full Time (1.0 FTE) - Level 3, Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Award - 3 positions available
Following recent vacancies and an internal review of our regional services structure for the Southern Metro and Fleurieu areas, we are now seeking to recruit three motivated people to the position of Team Leader. Each of these Team Leaders will oversee a range of services including Day Options, Accommodation and Individual/In Home Support.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, your duties will include but won't be limited to:
- Ensure the successful daily operation of programs and effective administration of service budgets
- Participate in the implementation of frameworks to support therapeutic service delivery
- Ensure high quality services are being provided to our clients
- Identify the need for the development of behavioural support plans
- Advocate both internally and externally for people with a disability and their carers
- Manage daily rosters including filling and amending shifts ensuring services and support of the clients is maintained
- Participate in "On-Call" duties
- Manage develop and motivate staff fostering a positive workplace culture
- Assist with recruiting, induction and maintaining and workforce that meets the needs of the clients and standards of the organisation.
The successful candidates will have proven experience in supporting people with disabilities in community settings. Excellent verbal communication skills are essential, as is the ability to build positive relationships with employees at all levels.
You will have previous experience working with clients with complex behaviours and the skills to develop, design and implementation program plans. You will be able to demonstrate strong leadership qualities and a passion to assist in the development of your peers.
All applicants must provide a completed Application for Employment Form by clicking the "Apply Now" button and attach a current CV including the name and contact details of three referees.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact
Paula Roberts (Regional
Manager): 0428 204 133
03 December 0018