Work with a team that’s dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of people with disability. At Community Living Australia, our staff are so important in ensuring we provide quality, life changing services to people living with disability.
If you are passionate and want to make a real difference in the lives of people with disability, apply now!
Support Workers - All Regions
We are looking for enthusiastic and innovative Support Workers to join our teams across all our serviced regions.
- South East
- Southern Metro
- Kangaroo Island
The role will provide person centred active support to clients, maintain their wellbeing, explore opportunities and support their individual aims and goals.
Reporting to the Team Leader, your duties will include but won't be limited to:
- Daily tasks, activities and schedule to ensure a safe comfortable living environment, maintaining appropriate physical and emotional support to clients at all times
- Provide support and services to clients with the Person Centered Active Support model
- Encourage individuals living with a disability to be engaged in their own lives
- Assist clients with their personal health care and mobility needs
- Administer medication and undertake other health care interventions
- Assist in promoting a positive image of clients within the community
- Be an effective role model for clients and carry out all tasks and functions in accordance with relevant Standards, Codes, Policies and Procedures
- Work collaboratively with peers and colleagues to achieve client and organisational objectives
The successful candidate is required to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Certificate III in Disability (Individual Support) or equivalent
- Obtain and maintain DHS Disability Services Employment Screening
- Obtain and maintain DHS Working with Children Check
- Obtain and maintain Senior First Aid and CPR certificate
- Obtain and maintain Safe Environments for Children & Young People certificate
- Australian Class 1 Drivers License is preferred.
Working effectively as part of a team, you will have the ability to follow instructions but also work productively with limited supervision. You will have a willingness to assist clients with their personal care needs and encourage clients to participate in program and community based programs.
All applicants must complete our Application for Employment Form by hitting "Apply Now"
For a confidential discussion regarding Support Worker positions, please contact the following:
South East (Mount Gambier) - Cynthia Gerritsen (Regional Coordinator) - 0400 502 925
Southern Metro - Tina Till (Director Client Services - 0428 788 058
Hills/Fleurieu - Sue Stuart (Regional Manager) - 0407 363 599
Riverland - Belinda Thompson (Regional Coordinator) - 0418 830 739
Murraylands - Molly Baulch (Regional Manager) - 0429 911 659
Kangaroo Island - Suzi Lines (Regional Coordinator) - 0417 892 149
31 December 2019
Trainee Administration Officer
Trainee Administration Officer
- Fixed Term Contract (12-months)
- Full Time (38 hours per week) Monday to Friday
- Level 1 – Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010
- Position start date 6th January 2020
We are offering an exciting and unique opportunity for an individual to undertake a 12-month Traineeship in Business Administration.
Over the course of the traineeship you will develop the skills and competencies required to be a highly effective Receptionist and Administration Officer as well as experience working within other business units within the organisation.
As part of this opportunity you will complete a Certificate III in Business Administration or Business related qualification (as applicable).
Reporting to the Administration Coordinator, the Trainee Administration Officer will form part of the Administration Team and your duties will include:
- General reception duties (incoming call management, petty cash, customer enquiries)
- Administrative cover to all areas of the organisation
- Records management including filing, archiving, reformatting and creating files
- Word processing and data entry activities
- Restocking and resupply of office consumables including kitchen and bathroom areas
- Maintaining Reception and shared office spaces
- Correspondence Management including inward and outward, electronic and hard copy
The successful candidate will have experience using Microsoft Office and will be able to demonstrate a strong customer service focus. Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to work collaboratively are essential in this role, as is the ability to organise your time and work to ensure tasks are completed as required. You will have solid achievement in academic subjects relevant to the position and hold a current driver’s license (having access to a personal vehicle) and be willing and able to travel within our service regions in Mount Barker, Murray Bridge and Strathalbyn to undertake your duties.
All applicants must complete our Application for Employment Form by hitting "APPLY NOW" and submit by Monday 21st October 2019.
For further information regarding the role, please contact Kellie Bucco (Administration Coordinator) on 8536 5836
21 October 2019
Project Manager - Royal Commission
Part-time fixed term 2-year appointment with opportunity for extension
3 days per week
Community Living Australia is a fast growing for-purpose organisation with 500 staff providing flexible services for children and adults living with disability across regional and metropolitan South Australia.
We support people with disability to dream big, set meaningful goals and plan how to achieve them.
We assist clients to build their own resilience, wellbeing, relationships and natural support.
We are deeply embedded in the regional communities we serve.
About the Opportunity
In response to the Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability, we have established an internal Royal Commission function to facilitate all requests through a centralised, co-ordinated approach with one point of contact. To be recognised by stakeholders for its professional approach, responsiveness, and upholding organisational values.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, you will be responsible for the operational set up, submission coordination and preparation and project management of all information requests from the Royal Commission. The collaborative nature of this role will require you to work with key stakeholders internally and externally with an emphasis on hands on to make things happen.
Key responsibilities include:
- Establish fit-for-purpose administrative arrangements to respond to stakeholder requests
- Prepare, contribute, research for the Royal Commission submission, papers and briefs
- Establish and manage the Project Register for all correspondence and task management
- Liaise with ICT and other key teams in relation to Information Management workflows, and quality data reporting
- Co-ordinate the Communications Plan, working with internal/external providers
- Work with departments to facilitate responsiveness to Royal Commission matters
- Professionally manage external relationships in line with agreed protocols.
We are seeking a consummate professional who can step into this unique role.
You will have:
- A diverse skill set and experience (circa 5+ years) spanning compliance management, governance, investigatory, project management
- Established a special unit/function and/or proven capability
- High level research and analytical skills for data discovery and reporting
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Excellent rapport building and multi-level stakeholder management skills
- Proven project management skills and achieving deliverables
- Proven ability to work autonomously, resourcefulness, and manage cross-functional input
- The ability to work with utmost confidentiality, sensitivity and impartiality
- An understanding of the frameworks around ethical standards, legislation and investigative powers (desirable)
- Knowledge and understanding of NDIS (desirable)
- MS suite proficiency
- A relevant tertiary qualification.
All applicants must complete our Application for Employment Form by hitting "APPLY NOW" and submit by Friday 18th October 2019.
For a candidate brief which includes the position description, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
A competitive remuneration package will be offered and is complemented by attractive salary packaging benefits which all employees can access to increase their take home pay.
This position is based at our corporate office. Capacity to work remotely from time to time with attendance at office locations for consultations and role requirements.
Pre-employment checks include CV credentials and DHS Disability Services Employment Screening requirements. Own vehicle for business travel with expense reimbursement.
Community Living Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values Diversity & Inclusion.
Applications close 5.00 pm (SA time) 18 October 2019 unless extended.
18 October 2019