Disability Royal Commission - Sharing your story
Sharing your story
The Disability Royal Commission are keen for people with disability to share their experiences of violence, neglect, abuse or exploitation. Hearing from people with disability about their experience will help the Disability Royal Commission to:
- understand the extent of the problem and the impacts on people with disability, their families, support people and our community
- learn about the context in which violence, neglect, abuse and exploitation occur
- gather information relevant to their research and inquiries
The Disability Royal Commission wish to make the process of sharing your story as easy as possible.
You can share your story by making a submission to the Disability Royal Commission in any way that you feel comfortable:
- by email
- though the website
- over the phone
- in a video or audio recording
- in a private session with a Commissioner
You can tell the Disability Royal Commission about your experiences in your own language using interpreters and translators provided.