Written on the 21 June 2017
Supporting people living with disability to be part of their communities
Unfortunately, it can often be very easy for people living with a disability to feel isolated and disconnected from their local communities, particularly when they require support to attend specific venues and events, as buying two tickets can often become too expensive.
In response to this, for people who have a significant, lifelong disability and who will always need a companion to enable them to attend and participate in community based activities, it is possible to get a Companion Card. The Companion Card has been developed to promote the rights of people with a disability, who require a companion, by providing them with fair ticketing to events and venues, and providing free admission to the event for their carer.
You are eligible for a Companion Card if:
- You are a permanent resident of South Australia
- You have a significant disability impacting your daily life
- As a result of the impact of your disability you are often unable to participate in social and community events
- Your need for support is life-long
Applying for a Companion Card:
- Call the Companion Card Information Line on 1800 667 110
- Send an email to: email@example.com
- Download and print a form, available at: http://www.sa.companioncard.asn.au/images/SA_Companioncard/Cardholder_Application_2015.pdf
- Write a letter requesting a form to: Companion Card, GPO Box 292 Adelaide SA 5001
Supporting information to provide:
- Contact details of support services, this may include any Respite or Day Options services you currently receive
- Contact details for two fully updated reports from a health professional, such as a speech pathologist, physiotherapist, paediatrician, occupational therapist, psychologist, registered nurse or social worker
- Any other information you believe will make the application process easier
Community Living Australia is looking forward to assisting you in any way we can to help make the application process easier.
If you have any questions or would like to know more about the Companion Card please visit: http://www.sa.companioncard.asn.au/about-companion-card/apply-for-companion-card.
We are proud to offer services for people with disabilities in regional South Australia with a focus on personalisation through Person Centred Active Support and Individualised Planning. Our client services include :
|Articles via RSS|
We are a not for profit organisation that relies on the generosity of supporters to ensure that people with disabilities receive the care and support that they deserve.
For every dollar donated, we can deliver a greater range of services and opportunities to our clients. If you would like to know more about Community Living Australia or find out how you can sponsor a project, please contact Soula Dagas our Director of Client and Stakeholder Engagement.
We are a registered member of the NDS (National Disability Services)
We are proud to be a Gold Skilled Workplace for providing over 40% of our employees with Mental Health First Aid Training.
Community Living Australia endorses the Children's Charter of Rights.
At Community Living Australia we meet the Australian Service Excellence Standards.
We are a registered charity through the ACNC (Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission) and have been awarded the Charity Tick.